Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sorry for the silence!

Sorry I have not been posting as much lately. Life got kinda crazy after the loss of our Jack. Things have been better now. We still miss our little buddy so much but it has gotten easier. I don't cry at the drop of a hat anymore. I made a special photobook of him yesterday and ordered it. It should be here in a few weeks. I just gathered all the pictures I had of him and decided that a photobook was a great thing to have in his memory. I am looking forward to receiving it.

In other news, its COLD here. Seriously... I think the high is 28 degrees. We have had a few days of snow flurries, and a few mornings of snow on the ground and rooftops, but it has all melted away. Soon we are probably going to be hit with the first HEAVY snow of the year and that will stick. Both D and I are not winter fans. We are going to be spending Christmas in Georgia this year with his side of the family so that will be a nice winter get away. We are also considering going to Las Vegas in February with some friends of ours. Still just thinking about that though.

We had some unexpected and unwanted excitement last weekend. I was trying to finish up some laundry and all of a sudden our washing machine started making a horrific noise. Turns out, the "spinner" was broken. It was over 8 years old so it was time to replace it. We just got a model that was comparable to the old one and it still matches our dryer pretty well. I didn't want to get anything real fancy because

A) They are too expensive for us right now
and
B) We live in a townhouse so appliances normally stay when you move out.

In gaming news both D and I are playing this:

Photobucket

Its an expansion pack to the game World of Warcraft. D has played for awhile... since it came out I think. I started playing a few months after our wedding. Its very fun, a bit on the addictive side though! Luckily, I am one who has trouble just sitting and focusing on the game for hours so I can still do laundry, cook and get household stuff done. D on the other hand... really gets into the game! But thats ok. He will stop if I ask him to or if we have something planned. He works hard for us though so I often let him play his games and not bother him.

Thats an update into our lives right now. Hoping life can get back to a normal schedule to allow me to blog more. I also added a new recipe to our recipe blog so check it out!


No comments: