Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My precious kitty Jack....

is gone....

We have been having so many issues with him vomiting, urinating on the carpet and having issues using the litter box. We had taken him to 3 different vets over the last 2 years and they keep coming back with NOTHING is wrong. We recently just paid out over $500 to be tested he came back "perfectly healthy."

His vomiting had become violent. He was in obvious pain. He couldn't keep food down anymore. If he wasn't yowling in pain, he was lethargic and not wanting to move. It broke my heart to hear him moan and cry.

This morning D and I drove him to the Humane Society. They told me they will "try" to place him but honestly... they were not optimistic. We knew that was most likely to happen.. he will probably be put down unless their vets can find whats wrong and help him. I feel like I should have kept trying to find answers... to help him... but financially, emotionally I could not do it anymore. I haven't slept in at least a week, on the verge of a nervous breakdown and all so very much worried about him. We couldn't go away for any length of time. It was time for us to make this horrible decision.

I am sooo very sad. I haven't been able to stop crying. D has been very upset as well. His last moments with us are burned into my brain and I wish I could just hold him again. He was such a great cuddler.

If I step away from blogging and don't update for awhile... this is why.

No comments: