Thursday, October 30, 2008

$201.00?????

~Insert shocked look on my face as the cashier told me my total~

Ok seriously.... why has it gotten SO EXPENSIVE to grocery shop? That is only for 2 people! Now granted, I am trying a few new recipes, had to restock my flour and sugar stock and D begged me to buy him a new XBox 360 game which are so overpriced (wait for the review later) but STILL.

Meat is soooo expensive. That will teach me to run out before I get to Costco to restock. I just didn't have it in me to drive the extra distance to Costco, buy meat in bulk and then spend 2 days dividing it and repackaging. Call me lazy but I just wasn't feeling it.

I even used coupons but only saved $4.00. I know... $4 is $4 but I would love to be one of those women who can get $100 worth of groceries for $20 or less.

Good thing I also restocked on some cream soups, canned tomatoes and tomato soup. I have a feeling I will be digging a little deeper into the creative recesses of my brain to come up with dinner.

I have next weeks menu all planned out so watch for a Menu Planning Monday post on Monday!

No comments: